Tourism in Haut-Jura
Hotel between Saint Claude and Geneva
Located in Lajoux and a part of Saint-Claude in Haut-Jura, the 3-star Hôtel de la Haute Montagne is a 15-minute drive from the Swiss border and 44 km from the centre of Geneva.
Hôtel de la Haute Montagne Le Bourg 39310 Lajoux
GPS coordinates: Latitude: 45.4189492 / Longitude: 2.726218000000017
From Les Rousses, take the D25. From Saint-Claude, take the D470.
Geneva 45 km away / Lyons 140 km away / Paris 485 km away
Plan your journey
- Train from Geneva or Nyon to La Cure / Train station 12 km from the hotel.
- Intercity train to Saint-Claude from Bourg-en-Bresse, Mouchard, Dijon, Dole / Train station 18 km from the hotel.
- Buses and taxis outside the stations.
- TGV high-speed train to Bellegarde from Paris and Lyons / Train station 45 km from the hotel. Buses and taxis outside the station.
For further information www.voyages-sncf.com
- Geneva International Airport 30 minutes away.
- Lyon Saint Exupéry Airport 2 hours away.
- It is possible to get to the hotel from Geneva by taxi or with a hired car.
The Jura massif is located in the regions of Jura, Doubs and the Territoire de Belfort in France, as well as in the cantons of Bern, Jura and Neuchâtel in Switzerland.
At an altitude of 900 to 1,680 metres, the Jura massif offers a ski area covering 247 km with 24 ski lifts serving 85 green slopes, 44 red slopes and 11 black slopes.
For mountain enthusiasts, the three main French ski resorts are Les Rousses, Métabief and Les Monts Jura. In Switzerland, you will also find several other ski resorts.
Particularly popular for cross-country skiing and its breathtaking landscapes, Jura is a peaceful alternative to the major ski resorts in the Alps.
To be visited in the winter and the summer, the Haut-Jura Regional Nature Park, a vast protected area extending as far as the Swiss border.
Typical mountain villages, traditional crafts, museums, wild landscapes, an abundance of wildlife and local gastronomy are its major treasures.
- Glasses Museum,
- Les Rousses Fortress,
- Visits to farms and cheese factories.
- Excursions with a donkey,
- Bison breeding,
- Dog sled rides,
- Tree climbing adventure park.
Thrilling activities: Canyoning.
- Horse riding,
- Rock climbing,
- Electric bicycles.
Between lakes and mountains
In summer, enjoy hiking; canyoning, grass skiing; mountain biking; horse riding (the hotel is located on the Grand Huit, the GTJ - Grande Traversée du Jura - and the GR9 long-distance trails); rock climbing; golf (4 courses within a range of 20 km); swimming in Lamoura; squash and even paragliding at Les Rousses sports club.
In the case of bad weather, there are many museums to visit: Regional Nature Park Museum in Lajoux, Glasses Museum, Les Rousses Fortress, etc.
In winter, downhill skiing; snowboarding; telemark skiing; snowshoeing; dog sleds and ski touring are available to all, whether private individuals or group lessons.